Sunday, August 8, 2010

Pre-day 2: Sunday

So apparently, my room was facing the amusement park, which had a fireworks show last night. Yaaaayy. Haha. not much else happaned through the night. I got thirsty at 3am and the person at the front desk said that it was safe to walk around in Denmark even at strange hours, so I went to 7-11 to buy water, since I wanted a big bottle and it was cheaper that way. I had a bit of trouble with controlling the temperature of the room, since there was no AC or heater, but I eventually got it right by opening my window just the right amount.

So for the second day, I got to meet up with the other students that were in Copenhagen. It was raining pretty hard, and we couldn't really contact each other since most of us did not have phones, but it worked out in the end. We met up at Central Station and had a fun trip with Aaron as our tour guide. We toured Stroyget (sp) Street (which ranges from cheap stuff to more expensive the way we walked), the Old Palace, the New Palace, went to a cool buffet place for lunch, then proceeded to an Art Museum, the Museum of Denmark, a random cafĂ©, got hot dogs, and visited a bar. Each of these places were quite new and exciting, and overall it was a fun day.

(free fireworks show! ^^)
(European Environmental Building. It has different flowers arranged into the shape of Europe :o)
(Cool looking building)
(Another cool looking area. A lot of rain)

No comments:

Post a Comment